KEEP THE WREATH RED
“Keep the Wreath Red” program is an annual event aimed at increasing the awareness of safety while decorating our homes for the holidays.
Outside both of our Fire Stations, is a wreath with red lights. The wreaths remain lit twenty-four hours a day during the holiday season (December 1st through Jan 2nd). If a fire occurs that is determined to be the result of a holiday decoration, a white bulb replaces a red bulb on the wreath. The hope is the wreath will serve as a constant reminder to practice safety while displaying holiday decorations.
Home Fire Safety Inspections
It is our pleasure to announce the Minooka Fire Protection District Home Fire Safety Inspection Program. This program is to assist residents of Minooka in making their homes safer and reduce the possibility of a devastating fire. The Minooka Fire Protection District strongly encourages all homeowners to conduct a home fire safety inspection annually of their residence. Please use the residential fire safety check sheet to assist you in making your home a safer place for you and your family.
We will provide the home fire safety inspection FREE of charge to Minooka Fire Protection District residents upon request. For more information or to make an appointment, call 815-467-5637 ext. 113.
Read our article from the Morris Hearld News:
Are you prepared?
Have a plan and practice it.
A basic emergency supply kit could include the following recommended items:
1. Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation
2. Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
3. Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both
4. Flashlight and extra batteries
5. First aid kit
6. Whistle to signal for help
7. Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
8. Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
9. Manual can opener for food
10. Local maps
11. Cell phone with chargers, inverter or solar charger
12. Pet food
CPR CAN SAVE A LIFE!
Learn CPR Today
Call to set up a day for a FREE class for your family
815.467.5637 ext. 112
Did you know...?
Smoke alarms should be replace at least every 10 years?
If you live in the following subdivisions in Minooka and have never changed out your smoke alarms, now would be a good time to replace them:
Rivers Edge Landing