Are you prepared?
Have a plan and practice it.
A basic emergency supply kit could include the following recommended items:
1. Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation
2. Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
3. Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both
4. Flashlight and extra batteries
5. First aid kit
6. Whistle to signal for help
7. Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
8. Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
9. Manual can opener for food
10. Local maps
11. Cell phone with chargers, inverter or solar charger
12. Pet food
CPR CAN SAVE A LIFE!
Learn CPR Today
Call to set up a day for a FREE class for your family
815.467.5637 ext. 112
Did you know...?
Smoke alarms should be replace at least every 10 years?
If you live in the following subdivisions in Minooka and have never changed out your smoke alarms, now would be a good time to replace them:
Rivers Edge Landing
There is nothing like sitting by an open fire on a cold night. Indoor and outdoor portable ethanol burning fireplaces have become more popular in recent years. While these products provide ambiance and a little warmth, keep in mind the fuel, device and open flame can be dangerous.