Firefighter/Paramedic Alex Lindgren
FF/P Lindgren was sworn in on September 13, 2016
as a District Firefighter
Fire Safety Starts With A Plan
Review your family's fire escape plan today!
Travel Safety Tips
On the Road
• Become familiar with your travel route before you start. Map it out and study it. Let someone know your where you are going/staying and approximate destination time.
• Make sure your car is in good operating condition.
• Keep your purse, camera bag and other valuables concealed, not lying on the seat where is it visible to someone walking by.
• Keep car doors locked while you are driving. Store luggage in the truck.
• Park in well-lighted areas only, close to building entrances and walkways.
• Have car keys ready when approaching your car. Check the back seat and
floors before you get in.
• If you are bumped by another car, think before you get out. If you are in doubt or uncomfortable, signal the other driver to follow you to a nearby police station or a busy, well-lighted area where it’s safe to get out.
Do you know the difference?
CPR CAN SAVE A LIFE!
Learn CPR Today
Call to set up a day for a FREE class for your family
815.467.5637 ext. 112
SEVERE WEATHER & DISASTER PREPAREDNESS
How Prepared or Unprepared are you?
Did you know...?
Smoke alarms should be replace at least every 10 years?
If you live in the following subdivisions in Minooka and have never changed out your smoke alarms, now would be a good time to replace them:
Rivers Edge Landing
There is nothing like sitting by an open fire on a cold night. Indoor and outdoor portable ethanol burning fireplaces have become more popular in recent years. While these products provide ambiance and a little warmth, keep in mind the fuel, device and open flame can be dangerous.